1. BY AIR: The nearest airports are Falconara (Ancona), Bologna and Rome. From the arrival airport, take the train to Pesaro station (consult the site www.trenitalia.com) and then, from Pesaro station to Urbino, the bus (Click Line 46 in the Pesaro-Urbino link). From Rome airport, you may come to Urbino by bus, after reaching Rome Tiburtina station (click in the Rome-Urbino link).
3. BY BOAT: Scheduled ferry services link the port of Ancona with Greece, Albania and Croatia (for instance, see www.ferrylines.com). From the port, go to Ancona railway station and take the train to Pesaro. From the Pesaro station to Urbino. Take the bus (Click Line 46 in the Pesaro-Urbino link)
4. BY CAR (consider that the Urbino city center cannot be entered by the cars, but several Hotels offer a parking place and walking in Urbino is not a problem!):
• From Bologna (175 Km): A14 toll-road towards Bologna-Canosa, Pesaro-Urbino exit, take the SP423 road (26 Km)
• From Ancona (100 Km): A14 toll-road towards Bologna-Canosa, Fano exit, E78-SS3 highway towards Rome-Urbino, take the E78-SS73 bis to Urbino (12 Km)
• From Rome (260 Km): A1-E35-E45 toll-road as far as Orte, take the E45-SS3 bis to Umbertide, continue along the SS3 towards Rome-Urbino, take the E78-SS73 bis to Urbino (12 Km).